Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 1 - 104 Days To Go

     Today is day 1 of training for the Women's Running Half Marathon on Nov. 21st. I've been thinking about doing a marathon or triathlon or any type of 'on' for awhile now. I decided to finally just start training. I have about 15 weeks till race day and I've almost quit 3 times so far.
     The whole point of this blog is to keep me sane and motivated. I don't want this whole adventure to end up like my half knit scarf or my dying herb garden. The content of my blog will primarily be made up of my workouts and whatever else that motivates me to go (i.e. fun facts about cats). 
   
     On day 1 I ran two miles. The whole plan was to come home from work - roughly around 7ish - and start the first day off running strong. After realizing it doesn't take all night to run 2 miles, I decide to putter around in the grocery store day dreaming about the beans and rice I was going to make for dinner tonight. By the time I got home and got my act together it was almost 9pm. Unfortunately, I had to kick off day 1 running after the sun had set. It's funny how when you are running in the dark you assume that everyone else is a serial killer and is secretly plotting your kidnapping. My scheduled slow paced 2 mile run turned into a slightly panicked and suspicious scuttle up and down the streets of Tampa.

     It's ok though - tomorrow is a new day and a "rest day" according to my training module. This gives me some extra time to catch up on the sock i'm trying to knit before winter.



7 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog...maybe your sarcasm and sense of humor will keep me sane too :)

    i miss you.
    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this and you! hiss knit me some socks and maybe ill your 5 pairs that i still have back :) miss you good luck...
    -danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excitied for you chicky!! I'll prob be posting some randomness here for you from time to time so keep your eyes peeled!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Jen!!! im so proud of you! you are going to do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, i love your blog! Just remember to pound the nails, and kick peg leg pete's ass now so he doesn't get in your way! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have got your sarcasm and sense of humor from Mother

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Uncle, I'm pretty sure it's a Caron thang...

    ReplyDelete